For those who have been checking my facebook page or watching the blog, you have noticed it has been kind of quiet. To bring everyone up to date, Ashley was not feeling well last week; the normal cold season symptoms. But cough would not quit and the fever would not would not break no matter what I did; so Rusty and I agreed that maybe these symptoms would warrant at least a call to the pediatrician. The doctor said with her past breathing history that we should err on the side of caution. So a quick trip to the ER late Saturday afternoon turned into a couple overnight stays in the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. But now we are home and she is resting peacefully in her bed.
Her diagnosis was early onset of pneumonia which then triggered her asthma. So we are doing our breathing regiment and antibiotics. But with all the needles and oxygen lines the most most upsetting moment had nothing to do with her medical situation. Sunday Rusty brought Alison up to have lunch with me, with the H1N1 spreading like wildfire there were no siblings allowed for visitation. So as I was saying, Rusty brought Alison up to the hospital to have lunch with me while he had lunch with Ashley in her room. Once we met up to trade off kids and Rusty and Ally were heading out of the hospital she turned and looked at with me with such a sad face and said, "would you bring my best friend home?" I cried all the way back to Ashley's room.

I am so glad she is doing better. How sweet that they are best friends!! I hope that lasts a lifetime.
ReplyDelete