Friday, September 10, 2010

Being picked on.

Overall, a good first week for the girls in school.  Very normal, to say the least.  After dinner and family time this evening I saw Ashley demonstrating what we use to call an"indian burn" on Ally's arm.  So I nonchalantly asked where she learned that.  She replied, "from Alina, my friend on the bus."  So investigative mom kicked in:

mom:  "Did you like it?"
Ashley:  "no"
mom:  "Did you tell her that you did not like it?"
Ashley: "no"
mom:  "Monday when you get on the bus, and she tries to do it again just tell here to STOP, I DO NOT LIKE THAT!"
Ashley:  "okay, she also calls me a thumbsucker."
mom:  "Is she the only one that calls you that?"
Ashley:  "yes."
mom:  "Then just tell her she is rude and to stop calling you that."
Rusty:  "you do need to stop sucking your thumb."
mom:  "it is not good for your teeth."
Ashley:  "okay; but what if I forget."
mom:  "I have faith in you, that you will tell her to stop."

I also told Rusty, that Ashley's mom wore combat boots and would stomp all over her.  So for Ashley's sake, I hope she takes care of it on her own.  And Rusty is still trying to apply his chi.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that the week went well for Ashley and that she was able to deal with the girl on the bus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew how tough parenting would be. Its the social part that breaks my heart. We can only do our best to guide them through the tough moments but it can be heartbreaking.
    Give her a big hug from her aunt lisa

    ReplyDelete