I want to remember all of my comrades that have fallen for our freedom and to thank all my friends that are serving or have served.
Each Memorial Day we try to do something as a family to remember what it means to be an American. So this year, I wanted to participate in a 5K for a Lieutenant Berschinski. A Peachtree City Goergia soldier who was convalescing at Walter Reed Army Medical Center after he was seriously injured in Afghanistan in Aug 2009. Dan Berschinski, a 1st Lieutenant in the U.S. Army, lost both his legs in an explosion when he stepped on an improvised explosive device while his unit secured a village in the Arghandab River Valley of Kandahar Province. This morning I completed the 3.1 course in 27:00 minutes.
Here are the girls watching the finish line.
I am the chick in the black shirt.
Come on mommy! Starting to sprint the last tenth of a mile.
I am about cross the finish line. My time is 27 minutes.
The girls were so excited and I was glad to be done for the day.
I am so proud of you my skinny friend!
ReplyDelete