
The trip to Kansas exceeded all of my expectations. We had an amazing experience watching a wonderful friend get the chance to lead a unit. To have the opportunity to embark his wisdom and life lessons on men that he will lead into combat and teach them tools that could change of save their lives. We are so proud of Josh and his loving family. And speaking of family, I am absolutely ecstatic they will be welcoming another beautiful child in this world.

This week in Kansas started with watching all five kids while Josh and Heather attended their Battalion Ball. And that is when the craziness started. Feeding 5 kids, washing 5 kids, reading 5 kids their bedtime book, snuggling with 5 kids and taking a deep breath once all 5 kids are sleeping peacefully. I would not change the controlled chaos for anything.

True to form Kansas proved to keep us on our toes for the week. The morning after we arrived it snowed a couple of good inches and by the end of the week, the kids were playing in the pool.
This was a blessed and refreshing trip. We finally had the chance to meet Jack and Dona Eggar, Josh's parents and Becca (sorry if it is misspelled), Josh's sister. It was truly a family affair.
Thanks again for the amazing trip. See you next year.


But while we were gone, everything continued to blossom and grow. First, is the reward on Rusty's hard work, the blossoms on our peach trees. Secondly, is the infamous Lady Cluck, she is not a figment of my imagination.
Thanks Sherri. It really was an amazing visit and I agree that I wouldn't change one moment of the chaos! I LOVE the pictuer you took of the peach tree blossom - AWESOME!!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Sherri,
ReplyDeleteI was so glad to meet your family and I am grateful the God lets us have friends and encouragers in this life! It was fun to see you all with the Josh and Heather Eggars. They're a pretty awesome group, aren't they?
And thanks for the great post. Are you a bit Irish? (-: dona