Monday, March 16, 2009

Thud! Thud! Thud! That was all I was hearing this morning on the porch. Low and behold it was Lady Cluck, the chicken, knocking over all the starter pots Rusty is trying to grow. So I cleaned up the mess and when on about the day. Just as I put the girls down for nap today, again I heard one THUD! That was it, I was going to eliminate this chicken. Instead of the plants being knocked down, there it was Lady Cluck's first egg. Just in time for Easter. I rushed and got the girls out of bed so they could witness this. That chicken was just a cluckin' like a proud momma. So around here, the chicken came first...

3 comments:

  1. She laid an egg right there on the porch? Bless her. No wonder she was into Rusty's plants.She was trying to make a nest!
    Congratulations, farmer!
    Happy Irish day to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This wild chicken has been around for at 6 months or so. It was really neat the girls were able to see the fresh egg. Unfortunately they did not understand why I cooked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures! Maybe next time she lays an egg you can blow out the insides to save the outer shell...possibly even dye it for Easter.

    ReplyDelete