This past weekend, Rusty had to work in DC so the girls and I decided to runaway with him and hang out. They had a chance to go swimming in the hotel and check out a few more sites around the city. Then of course, I got to go for a run around our nation's capital. I ran for 2 hours and 15 minutes, and in that time I felt overwhelmed with the power of that city. Passing each monument and reflecting how it all came about was amazing.
Washington monument
For Kimmer
Rusty and the girls
THE White House
These were some of the quilts that were in the "Women In Military Service For America Memorial".
Arlington National Cemetary
President Kennedy's resting place
Rusty and the girls
Looking from the JFK's eternal flame memorial to the Lincoln memorial.
Robert F. Kennedy's resting place
The Tomb of the Unknown soldier.
We watched the guard roam back and forth. Unfortunately we let before they changed guards. We thought 20 minutes with the girls completely quiet was awesome and we were not willing to take the risk to stay longer to watch the change of the guards.
Alison was so tired. There are not many times she asks for me to carry her, I felt priviledged.
Random pictures.
The ride home was only an hour, they both passed out cold.
The girls and I.




No comments:
Post a Comment